Talk

Advanced search

I am shocked

(19 Posts)
lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:09:40

wanted to share this with mumsnetters as you've been following this since last June...I went to my tribunal today, the proper one with my ex-boss

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 18:11:02

and...........?

iota Fri 18-Mar-05 18:11:13

what happened Lav?

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:12:21

he was let off the hook I need a drink I do

iota Fri 18-Mar-05 18:13:00

oh cr*p sorry to hear that. Did he pay your NI conts?

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:13:57

no, some he says and the chairman said he was disgraceful for not doing so and to get it done asap

JanH Fri 18-Mar-05 18:13:57

What should have happened, lav?

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 18:17:27

is this the industrial tribunal hearing rather than the court prosectution hearing for non-payment and tax evasions, or are they treated altogether.

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:18:14

er, what should have happened is that he should have given a witness statement (he didn't have one prepared), I should have cross examined him but no witness statement...he was half an hour late, ignored orders to do stuff before tribunal and was basically told off....(I spent 9 months doing this, I made sure everything was on time and by the book, and to make it worse the chairman could see nothing unreasonable with me being asked to do 4 days (5 hour shifts) and 3 evenings a week, for a few months as my boss had asked me a few months before....(the fight in the green house was not even an issue)....what is the matter with the law in this country....am tempted to write a leeter of complaint but think it would be a bad move as case over now....sorry to rant but am fuming really.

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:18:56

I meant 2 evenings a week not 3

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 18:20:40

Is there a complaints/appeals procedure ?

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:21:37

I don't know thought once the tribunal was over that was it?

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 18:24:46

You might be right, but is there any harm in asking ? If you feel the chairman didn't follow the correct procedures for example.

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:25:52

I'll give it a go

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 18:29:22

This spells out the type of grounds under which a review may take place. Also, did you request the judgement in writing ?

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 18:38:10

thank-you LIZS, my ex-boss asked for the judgement in writing and I have just looked at this site, think I might appeal....can the chairman ever make mistakes and not give the correct justice (only one witness statement is surely onyl one sided)....btw because I have the weight of the law against me on this one and he could not define reasonable hours what would you cleass as reasonable hours...contract states 20, I agreed to do 25 (and then it's reasonable to do another 5!!) if I stated 20 at the start of the job surely 30 is unreasonable??? sorry for taking up more of mumsnetters time but feel injustice has been done

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 19:08:33

No idea I'm afraid but I guess if the law didn't support you it was up to you to have to prove otherwise.

Is he still being done for non payment of NI and tax etc separately. How will they make sure your NI does get paid ?

lavenderrr Fri 18-Mar-05 19:18:03

he had me banged to rights, 4 days and 2 evenings didn't sound too bad but I was virtually ordered, not given the chance of saying no

JanH Fri 18-Mar-05 19:27:19

re the hours, Sainsburys used to have everybody on "flexible" contracts which meant that for something like 18 weeks of the year they could increase your hours by up to 50% - so a person on a 20 hour contract could be given 30 hours. (It wasn't at all flexible the other way, needless to say.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now