Talk

Advanced search

What do I write in my notice?

(11 Posts)
tammybear Wed 16-Mar-05 15:49:22

Im handing my notice in tomorrow. Ive been told its 2 weeks notice I have to give. I really hope so. But what do I put. I have so far put that I regret to inform them that I am handing my notice in and will be leaving on 31st march. I have enjoyed my time here so far but the hours dont suit me as much as i thought they would, and i have been offered a new job that suits me better. any more ideas?

SoupDragon Wed 16-Mar-05 15:50:33

Why do you need to say anything else?

Sponge Wed 16-Mar-05 15:51:38

That's it.
The fact that you're leaving and when and the date of your resignation is all you need.

nailpolish Wed 16-Mar-05 15:51:49

you can be more vague than that, dont have to give a reason unless you want to.

i put on my letter

i am writing to inform you that i wish to give my notice of resignation, and will be finishing my last shift on ................

yours, .............

short and sweet

northerner Wed 16-Mar-05 15:52:46

Maybe finish by saying you've enjoyed your time there and wish the luck for the future.

pixiefish Wed 16-Mar-05 15:53:55

thank them for the opportunity to work there and for any developments that have happened to your job.

tammybear Wed 16-Mar-05 16:15:45

ok thanks just looks very blank on the page thats all

SoupDragon Wed 16-Mar-05 16:18:38

Fill it up with some inane doodling or inspirational quotes.

nailpolish Wed 16-Mar-05 16:18:56

i thought the same tammybear when i did mine, was even tempted to make the writing HUGE (but didnt)

do you have a new job? good luck if you do

tammybear Wed 16-Mar-05 16:32:00

yeah i do nailpolish. start on april 4th

Blackduck Wed 16-Mar-05 16:34:16

Pick an appropriate one from here and print it off...www.i-resign.com!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: