Talk

Advanced search

Employment Tribunal (Jampot)

(9 Posts)
jampots Mon 14-Mar-05 11:47:47

I cant find my previous thread on my redundancy situation but in a nutshell I have just 2 weeks left to submit an IT1 to the Employment Tribunal claiming unfair dismissal (procedural) and unfair selection for redundancy. I instructed a lawyer in Jan who wrote to my ex employer inviting htem to discuss my dismissal, my lawyer received a response on 17th Feb and then sat on the letter for over a week before telling me about it (i rang to see if he'd heard anything as the 28 days was due to end) He then took another week to send it to me and respond to it. When i called discuss the next step with him he said that things could get messy and now I feel he doesnt want to go ahead with my claim (as its against another local solicitor). I feel like im banging my head up a brick wall - How hard is it to bring a tribunal claim in person (instead of using lawyer)

tiptop Mon 14-Mar-05 11:55:23

jampots - Sorry that you're going through this. I can relate to the trials you're going through as I'm going through something similar.

I've got a leaflet here called "Making a claim to an Employment Tribunal" and one called "Employment - Your rights at work" which I picked up on my last visit to my local Citizens Advice Bureau. I think all the info is also on their website. I'll take a look and see if I can find it. Hth.

tiptop Mon 14-Mar-05 12:09:04

This is the section that you can go to on the CAB website.

the employment bit

I know it's horrible. I'm working through dismissal proceedings myself. You're welcome to CAT me if you like. Best of luck.

jampots Mon 14-Mar-05 14:35:15

thanks tiptop

Reethi Mon 14-Mar-05 14:55:26

Hi Jampots, my job involves dealing with employment tribunal claims. If it would help, I could give you some advice. Not sure whether we are meant to give me out email addresses as I am fairly new to this?

jampots Mon 14-Mar-05 15:02:19

ooh thanks reethi - if you CAT me (contact another talker) we can talk "offline" -

Reethi Mon 14-Mar-05 16:11:13

Ok, I will CAT you this evening around 7.30/8.00 ish when the little one has gone to bed.

tiptop Mon 14-Mar-05 16:21:11

Reethi - At the risk of looking stalkerish (?!), can I suggest that you send Jampots a CAT message saying "Hi, I'm Reethi and my e-mail address is xyzabc" so that you cut down on time. Jampots can then contact you direct on your e-mail. Otherwise your CAT message might not get through until tomorrow and you've lost half a day. (I think that's right and I hope that helps!)

Reethi Mon 14-Mar-05 19:47:36

Thanks for the tip tiptop. Jampots - I have sent you a CAT with my email address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now