Talk

Advanced search

Just landed a brilliant job, now Occupational Health want to call me cos i am on ADs!?

(7 Posts)
allgonebellyup Wed 29-Oct-08 10:22:55

i am so worried!
Will i not be allowed the job? its at a secondary school so obviously working with kids.
i dont want to lose this job before i start it! sad

IllegallyBrunette Wed 29-Oct-08 10:28:56

Don't panic it will be fine.

I had to disclose that I took an overdose as a teen and I was so worried about it.

I also recieved a letter asking me to ring them. I did and they were lovely, just asked me when it was, what treatment I recieved and wether I was recieveing any treatment now.

I think they just like to know, so that they know iyswim, not because they want to use it to stop you doing the job.

ilovemydog Wed 29-Oct-08 10:29:40

you already have job? How did it come up that you are on ADs?

CaptainKarvol Wed 29-Oct-08 10:37:42

I had to ring occy health before starting my current job due to an episode of depression in my medical history. They were fine. Just wanted to tell me counselling would be available in new job if I felt I needed it. I'm sure you'll be OK.

allgonebellyup Wed 29-Oct-08 10:41:00

Well i had to fill in a health check form, and it asked if i was on any medication. So i had to tell them that i am on ADs.
Will they tell the school?

thanks for replies btw..

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Wed 29-Oct-08 10:47:22

I think you will be fine, i had to fill in an OH form for my new job too, and i had been off work in my old job for a few months and was on AD's, it didnt affect me getting the job.

LoveBeingAMummy Fri 31-Oct-08 06:45:32

Its to ensure that they are supporting in any way needed, if theres any ajustments to be made - basically covering their back in a nice way please don't worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now