Talk

Advanced search

question about giving notice

(5 Posts)
moneyVSheart Wed 08-Oct-08 20:11:34

Thanks to those who advised me about my job the other day. I handed in my notice this morning, and I feel wonderful. Especially as certain things have come to light which have only confirmed how good a decision it was.

My employer knowing how unhappy I was said she would be willing to negotiate how much notice I give, as I am one day over the probation period of 1 month, in which I would only have to have given a weeks notice.

I said no I would be professional and fair to her and give my 4 weeks and work them out. But today she was trying to get me to agree to an extra day. I know this sounds petty but I want to start my new job then - as do my LOVELY new employers. Am I allowed to say to her no sorry Im working my notice and thats it, frankly anything else is her problem? This is not my usual work ethic at all but she has been unfair to me and she is a huge reason of why Im leaving. Im within my rights to refuse the extra day yes?

moneyVSheart Wed 08-Oct-08 20:30:34

shameless bump as i need to know tomorrow

JacobsPrincessOfDarkness Wed 08-Oct-08 20:32:02

I would just work the notice. The extra day is her problem, not yours.

AMumInScotland Wed 08-Oct-08 20:32:12

If your contract says 4 weeks and that's what you're giving, then you're perfectly within your rights. She can ask, but she can't insist!

moneyVSheart Wed 08-Oct-08 20:35:50

cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now