Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maternity pay

(5 Posts)
hamster Thu 03-Mar-05 13:47:57

I have been employed with the same small company for the past 3 years and 3 months. I had my ds last August then I came back from my paid maternity leave of 6 months in Febuary this year. As some of you are aware, I have recently become pg again, the baby, if all goes well is due Oct/Nov time.
Does the fact that I'll only be back at work for 7-8 months affect my maternity pay this time round?

Freckle Thu 03-Mar-05 14:03:57

If you have been continuously employed by the same employer for 26 weeks before the qualifying week, you should be eligible for statutory maternity pay. The qualifying week is 15 weeks before the week in which the baby is due - so effectively employed for 41 weeks before the baby is due. Your contract might provide better terms than SMP, so you would need to check that.

miranda2 Thu 03-Mar-05 14:10:32

The fact that you've been on maternity leave doesn't affect the fact that you have been employed by them. It is possible that it might affect any better deal you are given in your contract than the legal minimum, but only if it explicitly says so in your contract.

hamster Thu 03-Mar-05 15:14:02

thanks both, was just concerned that I wouldn't be entitled this close after last time

Expectantmum Thu 03-Mar-05 15:18:11

A friend of mine was three months pg on returning to work from maternity leave and she was entitled to full benefits, so theres no reason you wouldn't be.

Congrats by the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now