Talk

Advanced search

Part-time work and study - am I being selfish?

(3 Posts)
TessoftheD Sun 21-Sep-08 21:49:34

Am I being a wimp? I've got a part time job (that I don't much like) which is three days a week and I'm doing an MA part time which I love. I'm beginning to worry that I'm not going to have time to do all the reading and really do the course justice if I keep the job (I've got 3 children at primary school). So my options are: stop whinging and get on with it (ie I could be reading now not surfing mumsnet) or jack in the job and lose the money, but have plenty of time for coursework. I could be a dinner lady for a bit of cash. My pay doesn't affect mortgage but it does pay for holidays and extras so we would miss it though it wouldn't be life or death.
I've been waffling on like this to myself for weeks now, so I thought I'd share the joy and see what anyone else thinks. As you may have guessed, decision making is not my forte but I wonder what the point is doing something that I don't like and don't want to stick with long term, to the detriment of something that may actually turn out to be what I want to do in future.

tink123 Mon 22-Sep-08 09:18:42

I have just left my job to concentrate on studying. Best thing I ever did. Still do bank work to keep money coming in.

If you can afford, go for it!!!

TessoftheD Mon 22-Sep-08 19:39:29

Thanks Tink... music to my ears! Just have to work out if I can afford it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now