does anyone use imagine co-operative childcare

(9 Posts)
nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 10:57:52

i have a quick question re setting up the standing order

loler Thu 18-Sep-08 10:59:03

I do - they are really helpful if you ring them

nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 11:00:16

they are busy on the phone and ive left a message to phone back

you kow when you are setting up the standing order and they ask for the amount - is it the total amount or the monthly amount you put in?

loler Thu 18-Sep-08 11:19:19

I think its the amount you want to put into their account. i.e. a maximum of £243 per month.

nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 11:20:15

ok thanks!

i am confused s to how it works

do i give themthe money and they give it to the nursery ? or do they keep it and give it to the nursery at the end of the year?

loler Thu 18-Sep-08 11:27:20

You give them upto £243 a month and then they give it to the nursery. The £243 is taken straight from your pay before tax is taken (so you don't pay tax on this money). They then pay whatever you instruct them to pay to your nursery. So I currently pay the £243 but when I was on mat leave I just let the money accrue in my Imagine account.

The whole idea is that it's a tax break - I'm sure there must be a simpler way of doing it but that's the government for you!

nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 11:29:22

ok thats what i thought but i wasnt sure!

thanks smile

loler Thu 18-Sep-08 11:29:26

oh - and then I pay the nursery the rest of my salary from my normal bank account to make up the total of the monthly bill!

nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 11:50:58

uep that sounds about right!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now