Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

sick notes?? Confused at what I need do

(4 Posts)
Crunchie Thu 11-Sep-08 16:10:05

Simple question here, Last weekend I was rshed to hospital with suspected apendicitus, in fact I had a serious ovarian cyst and needed my right ovary removed, however I have come home now and spoken again to my boss and she said from next week I need a doctors certifiate. I have never needed one before so I called the GP and they are not sure what I need do as they have no records of the operation. Do I have to make an appoint on monday with the GP - flash my scar and ask for a sick note, or what??

My boss is not pressurising me to go back - quite the opposite, but it is company proceedure and I have never had this beofre.

Anyone know??

unknownrebelbang Thu 11-Sep-08 16:19:20

Yes, go to see your GP and explain the situation. (I'd have thought the hospital would have contacted the GP, but I guess it could take time).

In my organisation, you need a sick note if you're off work for more than a week.

Hope you're feeling better.

orangeplum Thu 11-Sep-08 21:13:48

Hi - it is very standard for a company to ask for a doctors certificate once you have been off for more than 7 consecutive days (includes weekends or non working days if p/t) It links to SSP. Your doctor can give you a standard form that they sign and they will be very used to doing that. They just write the date you have been off from what's wrong and the date they expect you to be better. I am sure your doctor will do it once you explain what's happened.

foxinsocks Thu 11-Sep-08 21:14:57

yes it's standard crunchie

normally on the form they will write how long they think you need off

poor you - hope you feel better soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: