Talk

Advanced search

Temp Contract Question.

(4 Posts)
Sadie0000 Thu 04-Sep-08 16:10:08

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am currently covering a maternaty leave through a temp agency and payment is on a weekly time sheet, I was wondering if anyone had done a mat leave contract on a fix term contract through an agency and how this worked; i.e. fees paid by the company to the agency and what responsibility the agency has for the temp whilst they are on the contract:

So in short how does it work if you are contracted for 12 months and salaried:

a) are you still in effect working for the agency?

b) are you the sole responsibility of the company you are contracted to?

Any help would really be appreciated. Neither myself or the company are wining financially at present, if I was salaried we both would.

Thanks

Shell

mumof2222222222222222boys Thu 04-Sep-08 16:40:05

You would no longer be a temp but a perm on a fixed term contract I think (could do this for 1 year). The agency would get a fee on placement - or in your situation a temp to perm fee depending on the contract they have with your "employer".

So no you wouldn't be working for the agency.
You would be the sole responsibility of the "employer" ie company you are contracted to - because at that stage you would be an employee.

hope this helps! Currently I am doing a maternity cover on a fixed term contract basis - I got the job through an agency. Happy to answer any more q's.

Sadie0000 Thu 04-Sep-08 17:04:14

Thank you so much. I've been temping here for just over 2 months, but as you know temping doesn't always pay the best. I do want to see the contract out but financially it's not the best so looking for a way to make it beneficial for both myself and the company.

I did find it a bit strange for this to be on a time sheet for 12 months, not sure if they have a recruitment freeze and this was the only way.

I'm going to put together the figures for my Manager and see if he can submit to his superior to see if we can work something out. It's costing them a bomb and let's face it at the moment all companies want to save where they can.

Do you have it written in a contract that they have to give you 1 months notice period?

mumof2222222222222222boys Fri 05-Sep-08 14:23:18

Good luck.

As for the one month notice period, that would be contractual, as under statute you are only entitled to one week's notice for every year up to a max of 12 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now