Talk

Advanced search

Annual Leave/Maternity Leave - Civil Service

(8 Posts)
hf128219 Wed 03-Sep-08 09:06:38

Any civil servants here?

Am I right to think that Annual Leave is only accrued when on Ordinary Maternity leave(as in the paid part)?

bethoo Wed 03-Sep-08 09:07:45

i am a civil servant too.
what do you mean exactly?

MrsMills Wed 03-Sep-08 09:09:43

afaik, that's right, you cannot accrue AL on unpaid leave

bethoo Wed 03-Sep-08 09:12:03

oh now i get you. you can only get leave if you are actively employed with civil service.

flowerybeanbag Wed 03-Sep-08 09:12:45

No, annual leave is accrued throughout maternity leave, ordinary and additional. Civil servants not relevant, it's the same for everyone.

hf128219 Wed 03-Sep-08 09:19:56

Mmmm? My guidance says: 'You continue to accrue Annual Leave when on Ordinary Maternity Leave'.

That in my mind means the first 26 weeks of maternity leave.

hmm

catweazle Mon 08-Sep-08 20:08:08

You continue to accrue A/L while on Ordinary Maternity Leave (the first 26 weeks). Since April this year you also accrue statutory holiday (ie the 4.8 weeks a year you get by law) during the additional 13 weeks of SMP. The only bit that doesn't count is any unpaid maternity leave.

flowerybeanbag Mon 08-Sep-08 20:14:05

Thought this thread was finished - sorry catweazle that's not correct.

For a while now it's been the case that you accrue normal holiday entitlement during ordinary maternity leave and statutory holiday during additional maternity leave (including the unpaid bit), but for babies due from October this year you now accrue full holiday during the whole year. See here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now