Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Further Education Lecturer - Health /Nursing

(6 Posts)
giggly Sat 30-Aug-08 22:13:49

Hi was not sure where to post this but will give it a go here.
I am an old nurse with an additional post grad degree and I am thinking about moving onto p/t lecturing. I have scouted about for suitable courses but apart from full teacher training cannot seem to find suitable courses. Does anyone have any ideas? I am in Glasgow.

AvenaLife Sun 31-Aug-08 15:45:34

Have you tried the open university?

tink123 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:10:41

I am a qualified nurse planning to move into further education. I am taking the PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning centre) City and Guilds 7303 course. It is a necessity for all new teachers in FE and is a 12 week p/t course you can take without actually being in teaching already

Most local colleges do it as a night or day time course and costs from £150.

tink123 Sun 31-Aug-08 19:11:08

sector not centre grin

ScottishMummy Sun 31-Aug-08 19:26:56

why not phone up dept of nursing at caley, and Glasgow chat to one of their lecturers go see them face to face

ask about getting in,what is reqd

could you offer freebie - chat to students in a seminar about your specialty, what it is like to work in etc

draw upon your range of experiential and professional knowledge

good luck

giggly Sun 31-Aug-08 23:31:41

Hi looked at the OU but all 3-4 year degree courses. I did my post grad at Caley so I suppose that would be a good option.
tink123 I ahve never heard of the PTLLS will google

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: