Talk

Advanced search

After some reassurance regarding sick time during pregnancy.

(7 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Thu 21-Aug-08 13:08:05

Message withdrawn

jamescagney Thu 21-Aug-08 14:12:30

sorry you're having such a rough time thw.
I take it work know you're pg?
Let them know how you're feeling, maybe they can put you on other duties until this passes (and it will!)
chin up! smile

TheHedgeWitch Thu 21-Aug-08 14:23:22

Message withdrawn

jamescagney Thu 21-Aug-08 15:29:59

I hear ya, I sailed through the last pg and have been a miserable old bint (what's new? wink)until recently.
fwiw, I think it's probably fairly clear to them why you're having to leave early, but I would make sure that you tell them formally.

It must be pretty awful for you to have to leave early (and awful for them to look at your green face! grin) so cover yourself and let them know so that they can help you.
Mind yourself and your lo.

flowerybeanbag Thu 21-Aug-08 15:39:04

You are right they can't discipline you for pg-related illness. Have you had a health and safety risk assessment?

tink123 Thu 21-Aug-08 16:55:08

Hi, I was off 63 days during my pregnancy. Ended up leaving job at 21 wks. Had no problems on return and has not affected my ability to change jobs...

priceyp Thu 21-Aug-08 18:28:52

Health and safety risk assessment should be the first port of call for you. Then they might be able to determine a better role for you in the short term. It's a pain because you probably don't want to have to tell them your pg yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now