Talk

Advanced search

Council Jobs - Grades. What does bar at mean?

(7 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 07-Aug-08 20:11:21

Grade 8 £29,728 to £33,291 (bar at £32,436) pay award pending

what does bar mean?

llareggub Thu 07-Aug-08 20:13:04

It means that you won't progress beyond £32,436 unless you fulfi certain criteria, probably defined in the person specification. It is usually qualification requirements.

elkiedee Thu 07-Aug-08 20:20:15

It usually means that there's a qualification requirement eg my dp is employed as a residential social worker and is on the top of the scale he can be paid without a social work qualification. At least now he can get past the bar by getting an NVQ rather than doing a full time social work course (bit of a financial impossibility right now).

What type of job is it?

blowsy Thu 07-Aug-08 20:25:14

depends on prof. qualifications

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 07-Aug-08 20:35:54

Area Case Panel Co-ordinator working with targerted anti social families

Theres no professional qhalification requested and I meet the job spec as I currently am a case manager working with anti social folk

I just wondered if I got it what I would start on.Im currently on a grade below this on but am at the top of my grade and if I got it and went on the bottom rung I would only get £400 rise!

llareggub Thu 07-Aug-08 20:38:32

Negotiate more if you get it. There may be a competency framework in place that you need to satisfy in order to progress through the bar. Or it could be satisfactory performance. Could be anything, really.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 07-Aug-08 20:41:10

Will do thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now