Talk

Advanced search

Advice please... my current situation!

(5 Posts)
LullyMummaOfOne Wed 06-Aug-08 14:45:41

I have worked for the same company for 4 years now and i used to enjoy my role very much. However in February I was moved to our smaller office due to referb taking place, this was always a temporary thing and i was told it wouldnt be for long. I am the only person who has been moved from my team, no one else has been effected.

So... i am now still at my smaller office, away from my team members and feeling very isolated. The office i am in now has no windows and im sitting with 7 or 8 other people who have nothing to do with me. I have been told by my boss that there is no space for me to return and i need to sit tight until a space comes up.

Ok here is the problem, i suffered a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and im still coming to terms with what has happened. Im now back at work but feel so alone and depressed, i have no one to talk to, feel so far from my team and could really do with some general company to take my mind off things. I was dreading coming to work this morning and i really dont want to feel like this.

Can someone please tell me what i should do, shall i speak with my HR rep as my boss clearly isnt listening to how i feel.
Can my work keep me so isolated from my team and more to the point why it is me and no one else??

I really dont know what to do, can anyone help? Please

mamababa Wed 06-Aug-08 15:09:21

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage, its hell, I know. How many are in your team? If its a few, it seems strange to move just you.
I dont know who is best, it depends what your HR people are like. In theory they are the best people but have a tendency to toe the company line rather than be there for the staff. I would have thought you have grounds to ask why it is just you. Not sure where you stand legally, but try wwww.tiger.gov.uk I think they are quite good for work issues. Maybe there is a HR person on here that isnt a dragon grin

NorthernLurker Wed 06-Aug-08 15:23:30

I would say that your temporary open-ended relocation is causing you stress - it's putting pressure on you that you can't deal with. Stress at work is as much a health and safety issue as if the roof fell on you so your boss shuld be interested and should be taking reasonable steps to resolve the situation. Make another attempt to speak to your boss, saying that the situation is causing you stress. If he or she comes up with nothing then speak to HR

LullyMummaOfOne Wed 06-Aug-08 15:31:20

I work for the front of house team in our company, there are 7 members of my direct team and about 8 casual staff. The other team members do alot of floor running and im more desk based which is probably one reason i was moved. However we all sing from he same sheet so i dont understand why it can not be rotational on a weekly basis. My boss can be a real hard face cow at times and she has a good way of twisting things around.
I will speak with her again, giving her one last change to help me is all im giving. Failing this i will speak with HR, my stress levels are higher now and i dont want to get myself emotionally depressed because of hating my job.
thanks for your advice

NorthernLurker Wed 06-Aug-08 15:42:49

That sounds like a plan - good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now