Talk

Advanced search

Working in mental health (personal security?)

(4 Posts)
MrsSnape Wed 06-Aug-08 11:58:33

Not sure where else to post this.

I've applied for a job as admin in a mental health institute. I've just received a letter inviting me to interview (yay!) so I went back and read the job description again and noticed it said I would be required to wear personal security equiptment at all times?? what's this mean?

amazonianadventure Wed 06-Aug-08 13:19:44

You would be asked to wear whats known as a pinpoint,its a personal serutiy alarm which if you were ever in a situation you would pull it 9its a bit like a hand grenade) and it sets off an alarm throughout the whole building,there is a display screen somewhere which then other staff would be able to pin point exactly you are and come save you!

MrsSnape Wed 06-Aug-08 13:22:32

Ok thanks grin I suppose its good to know they have these things covered but I was a bit shock when I read it, wondering what on earth I was getting myself into!

amazonianadventure Wed 06-Aug-08 22:15:56

I remember when i told my parents i got a job in a psychiatric unit, they thought theyd be folk wandering about stabbing me and all sorts, if been there 4+ years and never been assaulted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now