Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Working in mental health (personal security?)

(4 Posts)
MrsSnape Wed 06-Aug-08 11:58:33

Not sure where else to post this.

I've applied for a job as admin in a mental health institute. I've just received a letter inviting me to interview (yay!) so I went back and read the job description again and noticed it said I would be required to wear personal security equiptment at all times?? what's this mean?

amazonianadventure Wed 06-Aug-08 13:19:44

You would be asked to wear whats known as a pinpoint,its a personal serutiy alarm which if you were ever in a situation you would pull it 9its a bit like a hand grenade) and it sets off an alarm throughout the whole building,there is a display screen somewhere which then other staff would be able to pin point exactly you are and come save you!

MrsSnape Wed 06-Aug-08 13:22:32

Ok thanks grin I suppose its good to know they have these things covered but I was a bit shock when I read it, wondering what on earth I was getting myself into!

amazonianadventure Wed 06-Aug-08 22:15:56

I remember when i told my parents i got a job in a psychiatric unit, they thought theyd be folk wandering about stabbing me and all sorts, if been there 4+ years and never been assaulted.

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now