Talk

Advanced search

Any teachers want to share their CV?

(9 Posts)
geogteach Fri 11-Feb-05 20:00:49

Currently on maternity leave but not going back. Thinking of doing some exam marking or writing for an education publisher but i've lost my CV and as its 5 years since I updated it I don't even remember whats on it. Anyone like to tell me whats on theirs?

stitch Fri 11-Feb-05 20:02:59

well i have no intention of going back, but a friend said that you need to be back in a classroom within the last five years or you cant do supply work.

pixiefish Fri 11-Feb-05 20:28:20

the exam boards are desperate for markers- wjec on the phone with me nearly every week begging me to mark. phone a few exam boards- doesn't have to be yours. You don't need a cv for them- them send an application form adn need two references

pixiefish Fri 11-Feb-05 20:30:18

on my cv- usual blurb- name, address, qualifications. courses recently attended. teacher registration number, employment history 2 references and a personal statement ( that's what i remember- have been at same school for 5 years so i haven't updated mine either)

Rarrie Sat 12-Feb-05 10:14:35

When I became an examiner, I didn't write a cv - I just filled in the application form and sent it off. I'd be quick though if I were you, I sent mine off too late the first year and didn't get any marking til the next.

Moomin Sat 12-Feb-05 10:21:39

you might want to add any prof dev you've been on in the last few years, esp that which is related to current educational issues/changes. strings to your bow i have told are good are things like: being on working parties within school; assessment knowledge and application; any whole-school issues you've had a hand in; being the 'named person' within your dept for things like literacy, special needs, schemes of work, etc.
ime, with exam marking, all boards are very short of qualified markers and they'll probably bite your hand off. it may not be too late: a colleague of mine was canvassing for fellow markers last week as he'd been offered a cash incentive to recruit some!! i'll try and find a link for you

Ameriscot2005 Sat 12-Feb-05 10:23:40

I tried really hard to write my CV yesterday, but failed miserably. I've been out of teaching for 8 years, but am applying for a job that seems perfect for me.

I managed to find my letter of application that I wrote for my previous job, and have amended that to suit the new one.

My biggest stumbling block is my lack of teaching reference so I've asked the vicar (I do lots of youth and adult teaching at church) and a friend who calls herself Dr to do personal references for me. I hope that will be enough - apparently my qualification (Physics) is in very short supply, so I'm hoping the school will not be too picky.

Moomin Sat 12-Feb-05 10:23:58

here's the one for the aqa

geogteach Sat 12-Feb-05 12:20:07

Thanks for this, lots of it is just needing the get up and go to actually do something, i've had 3 maternity leaves during the 5 years i've been in my current post so it sometimes feels like I haven't been there at all. references shouldn't be a problem i'll look into some of the links, ta.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: