Talk

Advanced search

Self-employed: Maternity leave and clients issues

(3 Posts)
morningpaper Fri 11-Feb-05 13:27:31

I am expecting no. 2 in October.

I currently work from home on a self-employed basis. I am planning to claim maternity pay as a self-employed person for the six months that I am entitled to it.

However, some of my clients pay me a retainer of £25 quid a month to do maintenance for them. Sometimes they call on me to do it (1 hours work or so) and sometimes not.

I assume that while I am being paid maternity pay that I will have to stop these maintenance agreements and not do any work at all? Is there any way around it? Has anyone else been in this position?

mishmash Sat 12-Feb-05 09:11:05

Morning - not sure how things go over there - I know when I took maternity benefit here (Ireland) I was still getting paid by my employers and was still doing an hour here there at the same time and as far as I am aware it didn't make any difference. Not much help but thats how I did it.

morningpaper Sat 12-Feb-05 09:57:55

Thanks Mishmash - perhaps there is a small limit that you can still earn. I will have to find out more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now