Talk

Advanced search

NHS Direct

(5 Posts)
Bunch Thu 31-Jul-08 13:20:55

Does anyone work for NHS Direct? Got an interview with them next week but not sure I want to work there or not.

TheMagnificent7 Thu 31-Jul-08 20:49:42

Don't work there, but I do work in recruitment. Everytime I['ve called they seem happy, helpful, and very knowledgable. Goes a long way in my book as an indication of what it's like to work there. There is a centre locally and I've never heard anything bad.

fledtoscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 22:14:18

one of my collegues has just got a band 6 with NHS24 (scottish version of NHS direct) and is really looking forward to it. Never heard anything bad about it and the nurses are based in my hospital

silvermum Thu 31-Jul-08 22:17:33

from a customer point of view, i really don't like NHS direct..maybe you can raise the standard! i think they do a great job but it's no substitute for being able to speak to a GP or hospital doctor direct, without having to go through about an hour of different calls.

TheMagnificent7 Thu 31-Jul-08 22:41:10

Don't disagree sometimes silvermum, but if you are there, and you do have to use them, they seem ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now