Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Allowance - How long does it take?

(5 Posts)
NoseyHelen Wed 30-Jul-08 18:43:16

Just wondering how long maternity allowance takes to come through.

Does it make a difference to the time if you are self-employed and do different offices process applications quicker.

mustsleep Wed 30-Jul-08 18:52:51

no idea bt will bumo this for you as i am waiting to hear about mine

ellideb Wed 30-Jul-08 18:56:03

You need to send your actual claim in asap, sometime in your 2nd trimester I think, once its approved they will send you out another form that you have to fill in and send off from when you actually finish working. This will take a few days to process and then I've been told that they pay you a fortnight in arrears. I will be sending off my 2nd part this friday as that is when I will be finishing work. I don't think it should take too long but you know how these government organisations are! wink

NoseyHelen Thu 31-Jul-08 19:52:15

I only received my MATB1 form at my 34 week appointment.

Last time it was processed quickly and I suspect that's because as a self-employed person they can check my NI status very quickly.

I've heard stories of it taking up to 4 months and wondered if that was certain offices. Despite being London based I've had to send my form to Wrexham whilst last time it was a mile down the road (and quick).

ellideb Thu 31-Jul-08 20:03:13

4 months! Gawd! I hope not, my DP will be sending me out begging!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now