Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it wanky to phone school to check they have my application

(11 Posts)
objectivity Tue 29-Jul-08 14:10:30

I applied online via the County website for jobs in Education. I have had problems before with this system and do not fully trust it.I'm no technophobe, but I must admit I'd have preferred to post or email my application given historic difficulties.

Anyway,will I make a Royal and <needy> PITA of myself if I call today and check my application was received?

Deadline was Friday last week.

objectivity Tue 29-Jul-08 14:50:33

?

maidamess Tue 29-Jul-08 14:51:38

No, ring and find out. You are not being a pest. You are checking something.

singyswife Tue 29-Jul-08 14:51:56

No I would phone and check, you wouldnt be making a pita of yourself you just want to check it got there okay. good luck by the way.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 29-Jul-08 14:53:10

No, check.

My friend applied for her ds's school place online and it was lost in the ether.

LIZS Tue 29-Jul-08 14:55:22

Ring , when is the closing date ?

flowerybeanbag Tue 29-Jul-08 14:55:46

Do check. You won't be a PITA, plus the chances are the person you speak to won't have anything to do with the decision anyway...

objectivity Tue 29-Jul-08 15:13:08

Closing date was Friday so my application went in on the last day as I stumbled upon the vacancy quite by chance.

Thanks for the vote of confidence all, I phoned but no reply...don't suppose the school office is manned all through the holidays. I'll try again tomorrow if I've heard nothing via post.

Littlefish Tue 29-Jul-08 15:15:39

Objectivity - the answerphone might not be checked until the last week of the holidays when more of the staff are in and out. Did your application go straight to the school, or to the LEA?

objectivity Wed 30-Jul-08 09:26:32

grin

Got an interview - tomorrow!

LIZS Wed 30-Jul-08 17:32:35

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now