Talk

Advanced search

Maternity pay - AHRB - anyone know?

(6 Posts)
nooname Tue 29-Jul-08 11:16:40

Hi,
I am a PhD student and while I don't actually get funding from the AHRB, my university uses their rules as its model for their funding scheme.

The situ is that I had maternity leave on full scholarship when I was 2 yrs into my period of study. I am now planning to go on mat leave approx one month before the end of my (4 year) period of study.

So, my question is - am I entitled to another lot of maternity leave on full scholarship even though I only have a month left to run on my funding?

I'm just hoping someone else may have been in the same situ before I go and see what my university say.

TIA and hope the above makes sense.

GillianLovesMarmite Tue 29-Jul-08 11:31:12

Hi,

I'm a self funding phd student. I think you'd be very lucky if they gave you it grin
My maternity pay is dependant on returning to work after my leave finishes - I'm not sure how this would apply if you only had a month left...
What's your phd on?

nooname Tue 29-Jul-08 11:38:28

Hi GillianLM!
Well, yes I think I'd be incredibly lucky if they gave it to me!! It's worth a try though!

I am just interested as to whether there are any rules regarding how much you have to have left to run and whether they can actually refuse to pay me or not.

My phd is in the area of human rights law, how about you?

GillianLovesMarmite Tue 29-Jul-08 12:05:12

Surely if your phd is in human rights law you should know whether you're entitled to it or not!! grin
I'm doing a phd in education looking at the new and highyly debated diploma qualifications.

nooname Tue 29-Jul-08 12:10:31

Well yeah! grin

I'm more into rights to housing and healthcare and such!

Are you a teacher then?

nooname Thu 31-Jul-08 09:51:37

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now