Talk

Advanced search

How can an award by an industrial tribunal be enforced?

(9 Posts)
LOVEMYMUM Fri 25-Jul-08 22:00:38

I have been awarded a sum of money under £1,000 by an industrial tribunal.

My ex-employer has ignored all correspondence from my solicitor and hasn't paid up yet. How can the award be enforced?

AvenaLife Fri 25-Jul-08 22:02:33

I think you need to go back to the tribunal as they can award interest on top of the 1K for late patment. I may be wrong though.

Judy1234 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:47:51

If it's like any other type of court order then write giving them 7 days and say either you will send in bailiffs to recover goods to the value of that sum or you will apply to have their company mound up.

flowerybeanbag Sat 26-Jul-08 19:32:38

lovemymum this is a link to the Employment Tribunal website, the FAQs page, first question is 'What do I do if I don't get payment?' Have a look it explains what to do.

I am a bit concerned that your solicitor doesn't seem to know how to get the award enforced tbh. You can ask the county court to enforce it as soon as you receive judgment so your solicitor should have already done this.

LOVEMYMUM Sat 26-Jul-08 23:51:59

Thanks everyone.

My union instructed the solicitor and will progress things.

LOVEMYMUM Sat 26-Jul-08 23:54:14

What does the County Court do?
The sol. told me that i will have to make myself available for a remedy hearing.

LOVEMYMUM Sat 26-Jul-08 23:54:16

What does the County Court do?
The sol. told me that i will have to make myself available for a remedy hearing.

flowerybeanbag Sun 27-Jul-08 14:39:29

lovemymum I'm not a solicitor so I don't feel I can advise you about what the County Court actually does - I'd only be looking it up as you could.

If you are feeling a bit in the dark about what happens now you have your judgment, I do advise you to have a chat with your solicitor about what's going on so you feel more informed and more involved with the process.

Hope you get your payment sorted soon.

LOVEMYMUM Sun 27-Jul-08 17:45:38

Thanks flowery - much appreciated. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now