Talk

Advanced search

DH has new job - huuuuuuuuuuge differences to us - any advice on China travel, being employed and BMWs?

(6 Posts)
MeInDisguise Thu 24-Jul-08 19:48:21

Needs to be incognito, as super secret squirrel, but very very exciting

Does anyone or their DH travel a lot in China - any tips?

Do BMWs have isofix car fittings?

ahh! so excited - we may even be able to afford to eat next month wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

bran Thu 24-Jul-08 19:53:16

Do you mean BMWs in China or BMWs here, because the ones here do have Isofix.

I can't help on the travelling in China thing, sorry, all I remember from friends who have gone there is that on the whole the food in China is not as nice as the Chinese food outside of China (excluding Hong Kong where I had amazingly delicious food).

MeInDisguise Thu 24-Jul-08 20:17:50

Sorry both excited and a bit drunk from celebratory champers!

BMW in UK(obligatory company car) not our usual thing. We are rather less flash by inclination. Isofix is good though.

Travel in China - could be for relatively long periods (for me left at home anyhow), and I think will be a bit of a culture shock.

OMG he will be employed rather than SE!

MimieD Fri 25-Jul-08 13:45:12

Any place in particular in China or travelling around China? My DH goes to Beijing regularly, he's not too fond of the place, terribly polluted and loads of construction going on everywhere (which they have stopped now till after the olympics).

BMWs have Isofix fittings, they have their own child carseats as well I believe...

MimieD Fri 25-Jul-08 13:46:53

Forgot to say that the hotel they put him up in every time he goes is supposedly FANTASTIC. He always gets this lovely suite with a bathroom with a window next to the bath and a TV

callmeovercautious Fri 25-Jul-08 20:42:39

Yes DP goes to China a few times a year. The Hotels in most developed parts are fantastic. The food is good, especially if you are adventureous! However the suppliers always take DP out everynight so he gets little time to explore alone. They also once took him to a Kareoke with "girls". He had said he was not Married so they thought he would like "company" grin More unfortunate for his Gay work colleague though wink

On the whole it is OK, DP hates being away from home though, does not even like Holidays as he misses his own environment too much.

He goes to Shenzen quite often - near the Hong Kong border which is a real Shopping mecca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now