Talk

Advanced search

Any positive stories of being an Avon Rep?

(10 Posts)
WeeBesom Tue 22-Jul-08 18:05:33

Hi I am just about to start selling Avon and was wondering if there are any mumsnetters who have had a positive experience with it?

(The only thread I could find on it was not very positive and quite old!)

I am not looking to earn a fortune, just a bit of money to contribute to the household while being a SAHM.

My eldest daughter starts school in August and my youngest will come out with me in her pram.

My friend is also starting up.

Thanks!

CountTo10 Tue 22-Jul-08 20:47:11

I do avon and have had good and bad. It's all down to how much work you're prepared to put in. I started with friends and colleagues and am now trying to redo the whole brochure through the door thing. Also considering parties. I would say that now is a good time to do it as the brand is now advertised on tv etc and I'm always seeing the products reviewed in a lot of the glossies. I wear a lot of the make up and use the creams etc cause I love the stuff so I make a good model!! I think if you think you're gonna get regualar orders each month then its easy and there's very little in set up costs, so good luck with it!

WeeBesom Tue 22-Jul-08 22:34:34

Thanks CountTo10. Sounds good, they seem to be doing a lot of advertising at the moment which can only be a good thing.

The christmas stuff is supposed to be out soon which should help too.

WeeBesom Wed 23-Jul-08 09:16:36

Anybody else?

LJH2401 Wed 06-Aug-08 13:54:32

I used to do Avon but to be quite honest couldn't be bothered with the traipsing around in the rain. I think as CountTo10 said it depends how much effort you are willing to put in. I found it was quite a lot of work for not a lot of reward. But coming up to Christmas would be a good time to start

Laura1985 Sun 14-Sep-08 12:23:58

There's good and bad to it, the Christmas orders will earn you a nice bit of extra cash but it can be difficult to motivate yourself to canvass your streets in the winter. But if you have plenty or friends and family its easier to just sell to them and doesn't feel like work!

www.myavon.co.uk/westmids

gailsavon Mon 27-Oct-08 20:41:38

hi there
i have been a rep for over 6 years i can offer help and guidance and even recruit team members so if you like visit my blog at:
http://gailsreps.blogspot.com/
we are team of the year 2008 too!!

lisa2107 Sat 31-Jan-09 10:26:53

Hi all, I have been a member of this site for two years now and wanted to share my success as a Working From Home Mum. I have managed to survive thanks to becoming an AVON Rep. I am now a Sales Leader. To read more about my story see http://lisaglover.myavon.co.uk See you there x

slipperandpjsmum Sat 31-Jan-09 15:21:29

My mum has been an avon rep for over 25 years and loves it. Her customers are now more like friends and although she does not make a fortune (her choice, she keeps her customer base fairly small) she does make a good side income. She says she would recommend it to anyone. She started in the first place because she was at home with small children and wanted to get out and meet new people and it was perfect for that. Lots of luck!

cosmeticdiva Sat 06-Oct-12 23:40:19

I have done AVON in the past, and really enjoyed it. I stopped due to other work commitments, but recently came back and have been massively surprised by how well it works for me now. Whether its a bit of extra maturity on my part, better products or better training I'm not sure, but I loved it so much that I am now a sales leader and recruit other representatives. The changes being a rep is making to so many lives already within my team is unbelievable - I have three ladies who have recently moved from domestic violence refuges and avon has both given them a bit of extra financial independence, but more importantly has also given them a chunk of confidence and introduced them to their new neighbours. I also have a couple of men in my team, and one of them has been a virtual hermit for 8 years after a car accident damaged his short term memory. He is much better now but lacked confidence. After his first campaign he sent me a text thanking me for giving him the reason to go and speak to his next door neighbours, and again for him the money is less important than the fact he now has a social life again. So, does avon lead to positive stories? Myself included, the paragraph above has 5 of them, and thats just the tip of the iceberg. (shameless plug alert) If you want to join avon then I would love to have you in my team wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now