Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask ds' teacher for a reference?

(7 Posts)
wannaBe Fri 18-Jul-08 10:28:30

so further to threads earlier in the week about applying/not applying for finance job at school I have decided to apply anyway. Qualifications required are fairly loose anyway so as I have relevant experience I think I have a decent chance.

But application form asks for three references.

I have contacted some people from previous employers to ask for references, and although happy to have their name on a reference have said it has to go through personnel so realistically I can't have three people from the same company.

However I have volunteered in ds' class for the pat year and was wondering if that would be relevant and if so whether I could ask ds' teacher if she would give me a reference?

mishymoo Fri 18-Jul-08 10:29:57

I don't see why not! You have been working with her for the past year and she knows you. You could always ask her if she wouldn't mind?

wannaBe Fri 18-Jul-08 10:34:00

yes I would ask first before just putting her name on the form.

mishymoo Fri 18-Jul-08 10:37:27

Usually on application forms, you can have two work related references and one character reference, i.e. ask a friend to write a reference!

wannaBe Fri 18-Jul-08 10:39:07

application form states specifically that no friends or family.

ScottishMummy Fri 18-Jul-08 10:56:30

ask teacher permission, but if she knows you and is willing why not

pointydog Fri 18-Jul-08 11:08:43

definitely - just ask teacher first if she'd be happy to do so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now