Talk

Advanced search

Old job/New job after maternity, that is the question

(4 Posts)
twinkleymum Tue 15-Jul-08 21:41:02

Am off on maternity leave with 8mo due to return in September. My job (which I didn't like) will now be 3 days per week 9-5.30 and DD has a place in nursey on-site. Thing is I've been offered a job elsewhere they will allow me 3 days per week 9-4 and hopefully will be able to offer me a place in the nursery. I don't know what to do. I may not like the new job either, my current boss and colleagues would probably be v.annoyed with me if I left them. Both nurseries are good. Do you think the shorter hours in nursery will be a real bonus for our little family? There is only one person I'd miss from my current job and she is supposed to be my sort of job share partner when I go back, we were pregnant together and her DS is in the nursery, she even wrote me a letter to say how pleased she was that out DCs would be in nursery together on Wednesdays and that she is really looking forward to my return. I cant ask for those hours in my current job as they have a no part-day policy.

Help!!! Dont know what to do and have to make choice tomorrow!

katz Tue 15-Jul-08 21:43:25

is it for the same company?

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 21:47:32

I doubt it would make much difference to your dd. Might mean a little less hassle getting home afterwards and time to give her tea and share an evening. Presumably she otherwise she'd eat tea at nursery. Is there a diffference in £ terms ?

twinkleymum Tue 15-Jul-08 22:00:26

The salary would be the same. I work for the NHS, different hospital but that's OK with regards to maternity pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now