Talk

Advanced search

have an interview - thoughts from people in marketing, communications or consultation

(6 Posts)
choufleur Fri 11-Jul-08 17:23:09

It's for a communications and stakeholder officer for a local authority. The test on the day is to 'prepare a brief'. all details will be given on the day apparently but just would like your thoughts on what you think this may involve.

thanks

PeaMcLean Fri 11-Jul-08 21:07:58

OK, I'm guessing here, but they'll probably give you a few different documents on the same subject and ask you to write a brief to inform someone else what it's all about. It basically tests how clearly and concisely you can explain something, and how clearly you set it out. Quite a good idea I think...

choufleur Fri 11-Jul-08 21:28:27

oh right that would make sense. it's not what i mean when i refer to a brief - which is a brief informing someone (like a designer) what i want.

PeaMcLean Sat 12-Jul-08 09:26:11

Similar I guess. Just setting out your thoughts clearly.

When's the interview? Good luck with it.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 12-Jul-08 09:31:33

Brief background/context (ideally no more than a paragraph if you can manage that)

State the problem/issue that the brief is addressing - as concisely as possible.

What are the commercial objectives behind the brief

What are the design objectives

What is the desired output

Who is the target audience

What do you want them to think/feel/do as a result of this design.

Any mandatory things to consider (e.g. legal/technical etc)

choufleur Sat 12-Jul-08 14:08:36

thanks - so basically who, what, why, where, when and how.

Interview is a week on wednesday. fingers crossed as i hat my job at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now