Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

PLEASE HELP DH on short time at work

(5 Posts)
anotherbimbo Thu 10-Jul-08 11:01:43

DH been on short time at work since the middle of May working 4 days instead of 5. Things have been tight though we have managed. I am a SAHM. We have 3 children aged 7,4 and 2. Things not looking good where DH works and today they have been told that after the summer holidays they will be on a 3 day week. Is there anyone who I can contact who will be able to tell us what are entitlements will be (if any) I am going to ring welfare rights at 2 pm when I have been told there will be someone there to talk to. Is there anything else I should be doing?

anotherbimbo Thu 10-Jul-08 11:15:12

anyone pleasesad

flowerybeanbag Thu 10-Jul-08 14:02:31

anotherbimbo do you mean entitlements as in benefits or employment rights?

If DH is on short time he should be able to claim JSA for the difference I think, but ask jobcentre.

If you mean what are his entitlements in terms of whether his employer can do this, or what pay he should be getting from them this page from ACAS is quite helpful.

anotherbimbo Thu 10-Jul-08 14:32:10

thanks flowery, yes I mean if we can claim any financial help to tide us over. I got a form to fill in (for council tax rebate) when DH went on 4 day week but they wanted to know the ins and outs of a fart so I didnt bother but now i really will have to look into EVERYTHING

CarGirl Thu 10-Jul-08 14:34:16

have you looked at entitledto website it will show you how the reduction in pay will possible increase your child tax credit amount, it would also be worth your while trying to get a Saturday or evening job just enough hours to earn your tax free allowance (or part of) as you will end up with more despite the affect of it on your CTC.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: