Talk

Advanced search

Some questions about employment rights

(6 Posts)
needyourhelp Wed 09-Jul-08 20:50:57

I have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone here can help me.

I would like to know if I can be made to increase my hours despite doing the current hours for almost 10 years.

Also, if I have written confirmation of a rate of pay, can that then be be retracted several days later and a lower rate of pay offered despite there being no changes in my circumstances?

I fully intend to get my union onto the case for me, but in the meantime, I thought I'd see if anyone else knew. TIA

needyourhelp Wed 09-Jul-08 21:18:45

anyone?

ilovemydog Wed 09-Jul-08 21:20:36

do you have a written contract of employment?

needyourhelp Wed 09-Jul-08 21:26:14

No contract at all I'm afraid, but have been informed a verbal contract is as good as a written contract. Plus the fact I have been doing the job for almost 10 years counts for a lot.

The job is being restructured so a new job description is being drafted along with a contract, apparently hmm

flowerybeanbag Wed 09-Jul-08 22:38:58

I'm on my way to bed needyourhelp but have a look at this information about what to do if you don't agree to a proposed change to your terms and conditions.

The pay thing - was it written confirmation of a rate already being paid, or was it a salary increase that was then retracted?

Your union will be able to help you - are they recognised by your employer?

needyourhelp Wed 09-Jul-08 22:42:23

It was written confirmation of rate of pay to come into effect on a set date. Nothing to do with a salary increase but due to restructuring of current job which was my employers decision to do.

Union is recognised by employer, not liked but recognised grin

I'll have a look at that link now, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now