Reorganisation

(3 Posts)
Explorers10 Tue 23-Feb-21 07:40:30

My organisation is going through a merger and will be one new organisation from April with a few other organisations. I had a one or one with my manager who mentioned another role with a different manager same salary and what preference would I have in where I would like to work. It came to me as a bit of a shock as I although I knew we are going through a merger I thought I guess that I would be doing a similar role to one I'm doing at the moment. If my role that I'm currently doing is changing - should there be a formal consultation? Any thoughts please I'm feeling very confused

OP’s posts: |
daisychain01 Tue 23-Feb-21 20:26:31

HR and senior management should be involved in communicating this merger and any impact on staff roles in 1+ meetings, to give the key information including formalised timeframes, impacts on jobs and any changes in reporting lines. They should also confirm if existing employees with continue to maintain continuous employment.

Staff shouldn't be left guessing!

Explorers10 Tue 23-Feb-21 23:44:58

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I feel this has been handled in an unprofessional manner. I thought I should be told formally that my job is at risk and then have an opportunity to apply for roles in a new structure? It’s left me feeling disengaged in my current role and I’m trying my best to stay professional and continue to look as though it hadn’t affected me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in