Working from home, but have interview! WWYD?

(5 Posts)
Maxine3477 Wed 06-Jan-21 10:03:35

Ok so I'm currently working from home, but I've been invited for an interview elsewhere next week. The interview will be via Zoom so I can do it from home anyway.
Trouble is, I don't know how to make myself unavailable to my employer for the duration of the interview... Do I just switch my phone off or do I come clean and just say I have a "personal appointment" for the hour that my interview might take?
I don't always get phone calls from work whilst WFH, but don't want to risk being "disturbed" by any mid-interview!
WWYD? Book time off for the hour with the excuse of some "appointment", just chance not being interrupted or switch your phone off? (They know I live in area with dodgy mobile reception, so could just blame it on that).

OP’s posts: |
HasaDigaEebowai Wed 06-Jan-21 10:05:17

You take a half day holiday

FippertyGibbett Wed 06-Jan-21 10:05:24

Can you start being ‘unavailable’ for your lunch break now, so that when you are on interview they will assume you’re taking your lunch ?

Twickerhun Wed 06-Jan-21 10:06:17

If the interview is on zoom can you make sure your phone is engaged for the duration so that work think you are on a different call? Call your own landline or something?

LemonBreeland Wed 06-Jan-21 10:09:22

I had an interview last year and just blocked the time in my diary so it looked like a meeting. I don't receive calls though. I think probably just switch your phone off.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in