Term Time worker v Bank Holiday

(6 Posts)
Aprilx Mon 21-Dec-20 04:11:46

You got an extra day off, it needs to come out of your allowance unless you were granted an extra day of leave.

rottengreentomatoes Sun 20-Dec-20 08:24:22

What does your contract say? But yes you probably should have gone into work as usual. Or unpaid leave.

Marmite27 Sun 20-Dec-20 08:19:52

Our term time working regs state that state for a standard grade worker there’s an anomaly and f one bank hol. You either don’t get paid or owe a days work.

It doesn’t effect me as I’m the next grade up and you get extra holiday allowance.

I’d say you either owe money or time back.

KihoBebiluPute Sun 20-Dec-20 08:17:13

You shouldn't be any better or worse off than a full time worker on the same pay point.

So work out how many days a full time worker on your pay grade would have worked in a year with all bank holidays as scheduled.

Your term time only contract should specify a known percentage of Full Time that you will work across the year, and you will receive a salary which is that percentage of the full time salary. That percentage applied to the number of days a full time worker would work is the number of days you should work.

So what does your contract say ?

flowery Sat 19-Dec-20 21:31:51

So you had an extra paid day off that you don’t normally get? What would you like to do? Is your manager proposing a deduction from pay or for you to work the day back?

Your argument would be that it was implied that you would get an additional paid day off- was there any discussion to give weight to that?

peanutsmummy01 Sat 19-Dec-20 17:59:50

Hi there. Can anybody help me please? I work Term Time (full time hours) only but not in a school. I have been informed by my Manager that as the Bank Holiday in May 2020 was changed, I owe her a day! Normally, the Bank Holidays fall in the school holidays so it's not an issue. I have worked here for 10 years and have never had to 'pay back' a Bank Holiday eg didn't for the Queens Jubilee which was an added Bank Holiday - or was it the Royal Wedding?!. I have spent the last few hours trying to find info on the web but as it's quite specific, the answer isn't coming up. Many thanks all x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in