Should I post or email my cv and cover letter

(8 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 15-Nov-20 17:30:54

Or should I do both 😬 its for a pre school assistant at a church pre school.

OP’s posts: |
Raera Sun 15-Nov-20 17:32:47

What have they asked for?
If they haven't specified do both

AliMonkey Sun 15-Nov-20 17:33:03

I recruit for a church pre-school and would definitely prefer it by email (particularly at the moment) by wouldn't hold it against you either way. I wouldn't expect to receive it by both means.

Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 15-Nov-20 19:06:16

They haven't specified either way just to send CV with cover letter. They have the address written and also the email below so assuming they are OK with either. I just want to make sure they get and it doesn't end up in their junk mail 😬

OP’s posts: |
1starwars2 Sun 15-Nov-20 19:09:02

Email and ask them to confirm receipt. If you don't get confirmation they have received it gibmve them a call to check.

DisgruntledPelican Sun 15-Nov-20 19:09:46

I just want to make sure they get and it doesn't end up in their junk mail

Definitely email, but make sure the subject and attachment names are obvious and accurate and relevant (you’d be surprised how many aren’t. Also make sure you send from a fairly standard firstname.lastname@email.com, not a daft email address.

DisgruntledPelican Sun 15-Nov-20 19:10:37

And what @1starwars2 said - definitely ask them to receipt it. Try not to send it on the last possible day before applications close.

HedgieHog Wed 18-Nov-20 22:34:50

Never post, nowadays people are usually paperless and may want to forward your application to another person.
I’d think somebody was old fashioned and not very computer literate if they posted it

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in