Holiday pay when leaving

(5 Posts)
MyBossIsATwat Fri 09-Oct-20 20:49:56

Hello

I’m considering resigning as I have a health condition which is being made worse by stress.

I’ve been signed off since January. Our holiday year starts from July so my holiday allowance for last year that I didn’t get to use was carried forward to this year.

Does anyone know if for my final pay there is a legal requirement for me to be paid for the unused holiday from last holiday year?

I’ve looked online and I know they have to pay me a pro-rated amount for this years allowance but can’t find any guidance about what would happen to any holiday that’s been carried over.

I have contacted HR but they have said I need to discuss with my manager who will calculate it for me. The problem is he is a large part of why my stress levels are so high. He makes so many mistakes, doesn’t read or listen properly, is defensive and rude and I don’t have any faith all that he will calculate it correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Fri 09-Oct-20 22:17:33

I’m not sure but commenting so this gets bumped into active so that someone in the know can help.

mineofuselessinformation Fri 09-Oct-20 22:20:58

It depends on your contract.
Some companies won't carry over holiday entitlement, some will.
If you know they should, I'd suggest stating what holiday you have remaining from the previous employment year to make it clear - you could detail what leave you took if necessary to back it up.

flowery Sat 10-Oct-20 10:06:33

You are entitled to carry over 4 weeks if the reason you haven't taken it is long term absence, so yes that should be paid out to you.

last paragraph here

MyBossIsATwat Sat 10-Oct-20 18:47:44

Thank you!

My contract just states that I need to refer to the holiday policy on the intranet, which unfortunately I can’t at the moment as my access is locked.

@flowery thank you for the link and that’s good news about the 4 weeks at least smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in