Maternity Pay Question

(7 Posts)
BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 21-Sep-20 14:09:34

I posted this in Pregnancy but I think here might be better.

I finished working on Friday (18th and my DD was Saturday 19th) and I got my payslip emailed for this month. We always get paid on the 23rd of the month. Today is my first day not working.

I’ve noticed that my payslip has gone down £300 already. According to the maternity guidance for teachers I was sent, I’m entitled to 4 weeks fully paid. Surely my payslip should be the same this month. The section that says my salary has gone down by around £1000 and then it’s been topped up by OMP and SMP but that only equates to about half of the difference.

Is this right? Should I email our business manager to query it?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Mon 21-Sep-20 14:13:09

Were you getting full wages in the 2 pay slips prior to the 25th week of your pregnancy as thats what your maternity pay is normally based on?

Moondust001 Mon 21-Sep-20 15:10:07

Should I email our business manager to query it?
Yes you should. We can't know what was calculated or why.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 21-Sep-20 15:57:33

dementedpixie

Were you getting full wages in the 2 pay slips prior to the 25th week of your pregnancy as thats what your maternity pay is normally based on?

Yeah. I got my normal payslips in July and August.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 21-Sep-20 15:58:21

Moondust001

*Should I email our business manager to query it?*
Yes you should. We can't know what was calculated or why.

I have never received maternity pay before. I didn’t know if it was normal to receive less straight away.

FunnyInjury Mon 21-Sep-20 16:03:00

It sounds like you are paid a week in advance, so you might have had either 1.6 weeks or 12 calendar days knocked off depending how they calculate, before they added the 90% SMP.

I'd ask someone to clarify, might just be an error smile
Congratulations!

BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 21-Sep-20 16:30:14

FunnyInjury

It sounds like you are paid a week in advance, so you might have had either 1.6 weeks or 12 calendar days knocked off depending how they calculate, before they added the 90% SMP.

I'd ask someone to clarify, might just be an error smile
Congratulations!

Thank you. I emailed the business manager and she’s forwarded my query onto the payroll person. She’s in tomorrow so will get onto it for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in