Talk

Advanced search

WFH Issue

(5 Posts)
GazingAndGrazing Mon 31-Aug-20 11:35:38

What does your contract say about location?

I agree with pp, keep low and onside with in the office boss, have you asked for a flexible working meeting?

FTMF30 Sun 30-Aug-20 19:57:09

Why did she say she needs people in the office to bounce ideas off if she is still WFH?

dontdisturbmenow Sat 29-Aug-20 13:14:33

Maybe working pay with her boss will highlight how much of her work you're taking on. It might backfire on her. Jeep low, do your work, if he is indeed supervising you, it will come out.

Moondust001 Sat 29-Aug-20 10:39:54

Then, I'm afraid, you leave.

I'm not going to comment on her performance at work, part pointing out that over the last six months coping with family responsibilities and work had been a juggling act, and that it is her managers responsibility to judge how she is doing and what is acceptable performance, not yours. It is also her managers responsibility to decide when she returns to the workplace. Threat things are none of your business to judge.

If you have made just one error and that is all, then yes, it does seem something of an overreaction. Assuming, of course that the magnitude of the "one error" was not enormous. However, life isn't fair. You have a job and a normal place of work and your employer is fully entitled to expect you to attend work when and where they expect, and to manage your performance as they see fit. You are not wasting money unnecessarily on going to work. You are sending money getting to the work that pays for the full and everything else! You are at liberty not to go to work.

You may have become comfortable working from home, and you may have decided you don't need to be in the workplace. But never mistake that for entitlement to those things. And what someone else is doing had no relevance to what you want.

It sounds, from what you say, that you do most of the work and get things done. So that will become painfully obvious to them all when you get another job. Until then, you must suck it up.

brightfuture1 Fri 28-Aug-20 17:38:02

When i worked from home i sat at the screen all day and replied to emails straight away.
My supervisor spent a lot of time away, spending a lot of time off screen and using her daughter as an excuse to slouch and palm things off on me
4 months at home,and my data entry mistake was brought to her attention. She used this as an excuse to hsve me back in the office, saying i need people to bounce ideas off (even though the issue was data entry, not a lack of communication and i had made these mistakes in the office too)
I said i was happy to come in2-3 days. She said she'd discuss with our boss on Monday when he returned from a/l.
Monday morning 10am she calls and says i will be in work full time and i needed to go in that day. Obviously i was not prepared and asked to start the next day, 'no, today' and i just about negotiated afternoon. My boss said he expected me on Tuesdayffs
Im veryfrustrated now. im spending money on fuel unnecessarily and underconstant supervision on my own with the boss and another colleague. Meanwhile she does little work at home, logging on every few hours (i know the workload of our 2 person team)
The other day she came in and completely cleared out her draw making clear she would never return. Meanwhile i am stuck commuting and with little flexibility. She has palmed me off on our boss while not really supervising me herself, even though several months ago she made an issue of me sidelining her (as she is difficult and fussy and blows things out of proportion)
I take too much of her workload and feel unfairly singled out in the office,when it is a job with a lot of autonomy normally AIBU?
I'm thinking of leaving in all honesty if i can get something else. i effectively manage 1.5m worth of sales alone

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in