The relationship is generally fine but I think my decision to leave will be a bit unexpected and potentially difficult to recruit a replacement with the current situation. I think they might be unwilling, but three months is a long time!
In my current position I have a notice period of three months. However, I have been offered a new job that would like me to start as soon as possible (although they are aware of my current contractual obligations). I am lucky enough to be in an industry that has not been adversely affected by covid (if anything we are busier than ever!) so my current company are unlikely to be looking to reduce staffing.
Is there anything that I can do/say to make it more likely that they will agree to a shorter notice period of 1-2 months?