Talk

Advanced search

Anyone getting jobs/interviews post redundancy?

(3 Posts)
Remmy123 Mon 13-Jul-20 08:07:07

I have recently been made redundant from a job in the City (I was an Executive Assistant) there is just nothing out there .. I've had one interview but I didn't want that job, but apart From that most things are on hold which is a real worry.

I'm thinking of just doing something different like being a hermnes delivery driver/shelf stacker just to get so some money coming in in the meantime.

How is everyone elses job search?

OP’s posts: |
YorkshireParentalPerson Sun 19-Jul-20 22:12:57

I was made redundant 2 weeks into lockdown from my role as an office manager. I signed up to job agencies and a week later started a part time PA role on a short term contract. I also signed up to the post office to do parcel sorting. That's a bit hit and miss but it has helped keep things ticking over. I have had to take a drastic pay cut but I'm working and its better than nothing.

I have noticed a lot more jobs becoming available on the job sites but a lot of them are short term contract and low wages.

Remmy123 Mon 20-Jul-20 21:36:32

That's great you are getting something!! I've seen a lot more full time roles coming in but part time there is nothing 😬

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in