AIBU to QUIT my Job

(4 Posts)
grace1989x Tue 07-Jul-20 22:34:36

I joined a team at management level but have found that my manager is a micromanaging, knit picking, essay email sending, control freak.

I'm 9 months into the role and tried my best to deal with his ways but now that I've experienced panic attacks and sever anxiety at work I had to quit via email yesterday.

But guess what instead of accepting my resignation he's blown up my phone with calls and written a two page email saying I can stay and my resignation was out of the blue!

I kept to the facts in my resignation saying the role was not what expected and my mental health has suffered and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

But at this point I just want to rip into the company ethos and his managing style and inform him exactly why I quit & that I have emails and texts from other team members complaining about him.

Should I keep it professional or tell the truth?

Because I have no desire to go back to that job ever again! It's not worth it all.

OP’s posts: |
killerofmen Tue 07-Jul-20 22:40:26

Confirm you haven't changed your mind but you'd be happy to take part in an exit interview with HR. If they want feedback, you can take the time to provide it constructively in a neutral setting. Otherwise, keep it professional.

grace1989x Tue 07-Jul-20 22:48:35

Definitely will. I forget to mention in my resignation email I said that I'd like to only be contacted via email or letter due to my mental space due to stress etc. So I was shocked about the calls.

Should I message HR about this separately as the were cc'd in the original email?

OP’s posts: |
acatcalledjohn Tue 14-Jul-20 17:04:27

I know this happened a week ago and it's probably all been dealt with, but I would be tempted to respond to his essay that this micromanaging and emails like that one are suffocating you.

I hope you are ok.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in