Talk

Advanced search

Handing in notice on furlough

(4 Posts)
Motherofhounds Fri 29-May-20 07:05:08

Hi, I’m hoping someone may be able to help me on this!

I have been with my current employer for 5 years. I was put on furlough at the end of March as soon as the scheme started, and have been given almost no updates or communication in this time. I have a gut feeling that my role will get made redundant when the furlough scheme is lifted.

I have been job hunting for a month or so now because of this, and have now been offered a new job which I am really excited about.

I just wanted to see how it would work handing my notice in on furlough? I assume I am still entitled to my notice pay as usual? Will this be paid at 80% or 100%? In my contract I am required to give 4 weeks.

Any advice would be great!

OP’s posts: |
bulletjournalbilly Fri 29-May-20 07:14:20

Yes you will be paid at 100%, notice as normal.

Well done OP! This is great to hear, I am really happy for you.

I was super pleased to read this, show of how we're slowly getting back to normal.

Good luck, I hope you do well in your new adventure. thanks

KillerofMen Fri 29-May-20 08:39:15

I would expect it'd be paid at whatever your current rate of pay is. So if that's 80% that's what you'll continue to receive, unless you return to work. If you have holiday entitlement they may ask that you use that during the notice period. You should get paid 100% for that.

flowery Fri 29-May-20 08:57:51

It depends. If you are on statutory minimum notice (ie in your case your employer would have to give you 5 weeks’ notice to dismiss you) then your notice should be paid at 100%. If the notice you’d be entitled to from your employer would be at least a week more than statutory minimum, you are only entitled to be paid what you are currently receiving during your notice period, ie 80%.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in