Talk

Advanced search

why am I so upset and how to I get over it?

(3 Posts)
SLM101 Thu 28-May-20 12:02:09

hi I wont go into the details but there are lots of issues in my work because of COVID and people are under pressure.. My head actually hurts writing this. But I am in charge of a section that has continued to work and meet a big target. My employers don't take missing a target lightly. Anyway my direct line manager continues to ignore that we still have targets to meet and deliver and recently told me they didn't give a "fuck" about what we were doing and go away. This wouldn't be the first time in the last few months they have said to me they don't give a "fuck". I could complain in writing - so what - red rag to a bull. I could go above their head - have done before - nothing changes and its COVID 19 crises management anyway. So today I am really upset, I want to gurn, my head is buzzing and I would like some advice. I am working at home but could hardly get out of bed. I feel unsupported and I am going to keep going but they are a blockage and an asshole. I have also developed terrible anxiety about work not being able to sleep at night worrying about how we will get it all done.

OP’s posts: |
Hillocrew Thu 28-May-20 12:16:19

Take a few days off. Seriously. Take a few days where you dont talk or think about work. Sit in the garden and just chill for a few days. You sound like you're doing your brst but getting overwhelmed which is understandable in how you've described your work. Honestly your p9st just screams to me that you need a few days to yourself x

Luckystarr Thu 28-May-20 19:30:54

Yes, agree take a few days off. Try to look at it as just a job and do other things in life to take the focus off work. I need to do this too. But if line manager is saying they don't care do you really need to meet these targets?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in