Clashing with colleague

(7 Posts)
Tinkerbe11a Sat 18-Apr-20 19:24:59

I'm currently on furlough, however my colleague is not and goes to work on a regular basis to do security/h&s checks as well as the signing off the weekly time and attendance report and anything else that the company may request her to do.

It's come to my attention today that there are certain that directly relate to my departments but she calling my team leader instead of me and asking her questions (my team leader is on furlough too) - i.e. she asked my team leader for my time and attendance password amongst many other questions...

Naturally I am angry because I am the Manager so I'm not sure why my colleague keeps calling my team leader instead of me but what should I do? Do I word an email, obviously taking the emotion out of it but asking for all queries to come directly to me or do I just leave it (this will eat me up inside).

OP’s posts: |
Tinkerbe11a Sat 18-Apr-20 19:29:25

Just to add - she has called me once or twice but with specific questions that are logged with our HR team which only I can answer, but apart from this, she will approach my team leader for everything else.

OP’s posts: |
wehaveafloater Sat 18-Apr-20 19:30:02

Just call and ask ? No need for the email. That's too formal . You are furloughed remember.

Karmin Sun 19-Apr-20 16:30:22

You are on furlough, she is not supposed to be contacting you

HollowTalk Sun 19-Apr-20 16:40:33

But the team leader is on furlough, too.

I would email her and copy in the team leader, saying if there are any problems she should contact you and not the team leader. Be polite but firm.

TheTiaraManager Mon 20-Apr-20 07:57:28

Is she friends with the Team Leader so is approaching her due to their relationship? Who is the colleague's lime manager, is it possible she has been told by them to contact the TL?

Moondust001 Tue 21-Apr-20 22:48:44

Why does it matter? It seems like a rather innocuous thing to get angry over. And why would it "eat you up inside"? Isn't that an overreaction to a colleague who is at work and is therefore responsible for doing the work?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in