Talk

Advanced search

Furlough and keeping in touch with work

(4 Posts)
FunkyFurloughdotcom Wed 08-Apr-20 17:27:35

Can anyone help me.

I have been furloughed from 1st April and it was originally until due to last until the end of May. However, circumstances have changed and I have been asked to attend an online meeting about these changes tomorrow. There are also two training days about delivering our service online which I feel I will need to attend as well as preparation time before I am working again. Obviously all this needs to take place before my furlough is up, so I am wondering what the situation is?

Are employers allowed to have keeping in touch / training days like they do for maternity leave or do they need to halt the furlough with immediate effect if they want you to do anything?

OP’s posts: |
Lampan Wed 08-Apr-20 17:34:07

I was furloughed and told not to do anything work-related, including training/learning (my job involves continuing education that we have to do on an ongoing basis). So I guess it depends on whether the meeting is about the furlough situation itself or about some other work-related stuff?

cabbageking Wed 08-Apr-20 17:42:16

Your employer can stop/ suspend Furlough and ask you to work or attend as and when needed.

flowery Wed 08-Apr-20 22:38:23

They can stop furlough (although it may mean they can’t claim funds from HMRC, but training is fine on furlough anyway, no restriction on that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in