Talk

Advanced search

Sick/Review

(1 Post)
Rubypolkadot Tue 10-Mar-20 13:32:46

So I started my current job two months ago via an agency and honestly I really enjoy it. I had to take a day off for a migraine in Feb and last week went home early as I started throwing up. I haven’t been able to keep anything down - even water is rejected. Doctor reckons it’s some sort of bug and my immune system is just really struggling to fight it off.

So I spoke to my manager today and they explained depending how they looked at it I would hit a trigger either today or tomorrow and would require a performance review. Given that I’m through agency, still getting to grips with things (it’s cash conversion and I’m crap with that type of thing) I can’t imagine it would be a difficult decision to get rid of me.

I ended up having to leave my last job because of long term illness last summer. Every time DH and I fight I get ill in some sort of way. Before we got married I rarely got ill but over the last few years I’ve spent more time in bed than healthy. We’ve had a rough couple of months with almost constant arguing.

I don’t want to lose my job but I’m exhausted, if I lose it then DH will angry with me understandably so and to be honest I’m sick of being sick!

Do I risk it and just go back tomorrow or health first and see what comes of the next fight with DH ...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in