Talk

Advanced search

Job suggestions after Midwifery

(6 Posts)
Ilovenature Mon 09-Mar-20 23:51:44

Ready to leave this profession and have been racking my brain for ideas of what to do. I keep thinking it'd be good to utilise my degree as it cost so much! But I wonder if a clean break would be beneficial for my mental health.
Who has left midwifery and what did you do?

OP’s posts: |
CharlieandLolaCat Tue 10-Mar-20 12:23:01

Friend of mine did and moved into health visiting. Think there was an additional qualification she needed but she loves it.

HappyHammy Tue 10-Mar-20 13:43:21

Doula. Health visitor. School nurse.

Mummybear8 Tue 10-Mar-20 13:46:30

Can I ask why you're leaving? It's always been my life's dream to qualify as a midwife but wanted to hear an actual midwives perspective of what it's like smile

00deed1988 Tue 10-Mar-20 14:28:19

I am a NQM so still in my happy bubble. But is there no speciality that you would like to go into? Research, IT, lecturing? Or is it just you want to get away from it all together?

I am potentially looking at getting into health visiting in the distant future when the kids are older, but I enjoy the long shifts at the moment as I like getting 4 full days with the kids. You can get paid at band 5 and do the additional course alongside it if you can find a trust willing to fund it, seen quite a few this year. Also school nurse, I saw an advert a while back which said they would train midwives to do this. Also family nurse practitioners.

It is sad to see people leave the profession but I can see why people do.

Tennisp Fri 13-Mar-20 12:25:39

Research?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in