Managed out? Has this happened to you

(9 Posts)
whatisforteamum Mon 24-Feb-20 13:39:57

Normally I am a highly motivated workaholic person.Always early for work and last to leave.I love it and talk endlessly about it.
New boss 18 months ago who wants to make his mark and has admitted to wanting to choose a team.
The current team have been together for years and although talk of working elsewhere they seem settled.No one has an absence record though so no one can be pushed out.
It is like a boys club with myself the only strong women left..The others went.
Holidays were messed around hours were reshuffled last year.I felt mildy pissed off then just got on with it.
Now I've been off on annual leave and had to force myself to go back this time.My industry.does have a high turnover and burnou t rate due to the long hours.
I can't decide if it is my job in jokes and lack of discipline and the fact I am not one of them or my home life where some support has gone and my life is work eat sleep repeat with no time for my family.
It seems odd that I am unmotivated to do something I normally loved and feel partly ostracized.
Has this happened to you?

OP’s posts: |
MT2017 Tue 25-Feb-20 20:17:42

Who is managing you out? And how?

whatisforteamum Wed 26-Feb-20 08:32:56

The new boss.As far as I know he has a former colleague who he want to bring over.Also the women are not included or engaged with like the men.
I think it is a gut feeling and small comments.I've only had it once before and tolerated it for 2 years due to dh I'll health and my determination not to be bullied.When I left the relief was immense.

LonginesPrime Wed 26-Feb-20 10:05:22

the women are not included or engaged with like the men

In what ways?

I'd identify these and then ask for a meeting with your manager to discuss similar opportunities for you.

Black77Bird Fri 28-Feb-20 04:29:44

I think it's a fairly regular occurrence that when a new leader comes in they want to bring their mates in or make changes ... out with the old 'n all that ...

If you are able to, ask if you can be transferred to another department. If that option is not available, then look for another job. I don't think there's any point in trying to fit into this new culture they've created.

Maybe even take this time to consider a career change?

FreyaMountstuart Fri 28-Feb-20 06:16:31

Move on and upwards - feel the relief again to be away from the misogynist fuckwits!

Darklava09 Fri 28-Feb-20 07:08:10

Yes!! Basically told that because I have a family and don’t want to be a workaholic that the job isn’t suitable for myself.

whatisforteamum Fri 28-Feb-20 14:14:03

Yes I can see that black77bird.I loved the job though and looked forward to going to work.No major comment s !made more the lack of support or acknowledge ment from the boss trickling down to my very young !ale colleagues so they treat me with contempt and nothing is said.Very odd when I was fully supported here before and respected.
It is a very odd feeling like I've become invisible and I can fully see how the guys are treated differently.
I think I do need to look elsewhere.as I offered 2 positions before winter and decided to stay put.
Fuckwits indeed😀😂

whatisforteamum Fri 28-Feb-20 14:16:00

Freyamountstuart.Sound advice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in