Talk

Advanced search

Stress and anxiety NHS

(4 Posts)
Anonymouse12 Tue 28-Jan-20 16:42:29

I’m currently off work with stress and anxiety and worried about returning. Before I went off there was an issue at work that I need to discuss with line manager to draw a line under but everytime I try to phone to discuss it (to put my mind at rest or to let me know if it’s going further) I feel sick and can’t do it. My line is due up next week and I’m spending every waking hour worrying about this and I don’t even know if I even need to be.
I feel if I don’t ask about it while I’m off then I don’t know what situation I’ll face when i return. My anxiety is making me ill. Don’t really know what I’m asking here, just venting I suppose. Wish I was stronger and could just phone and discuss stuff to get my head straight. Damn anxiety.

OP’s posts: |
ChessieFL Tue 28-Jan-20 19:33:22

Can you email your manager? Might be easier than phoning.

Gizabreak Tue 28-Jan-20 19:35:43

I'm in a similar position and emailed my workplace. I'm having a chat with them tomorrow to discuss how I'm feeling and about my return - which I am dreading. Give your workplace a message

Anonymouse12 Tue 28-Jan-20 21:00:58

I think I might do that, hadn’t occurred to me to do that. My heads all over the place. I tried to call another twice after I typed my message and just couldn’t, I don’t know how to start the conversation. A wee email heads up sounds like a better idea then if I dry up on the phone they at least know what I’m calling about. Thanks x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in