Equal Pay - anyone else been affected?

(3 Posts)
CKL987 Fri 10-Jan-20 21:50:11

I'm currently working through an equal pay issue at work (male colleague getting 35% more pay than me for the exact same job).

Following the judgement in Samira Ahmed's tribunal today I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process at work? If so, what were the circumstances and outcomes? Also, any tips?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
EBearhug Sat 11-Jan-20 17:22:27

I haven't, but I am probably about to. Have already spoken to manager; one of this weekend's tasks is to compose mail for union.

There's some good advice online about chosing comparators and so on. I have it bookmarked at work, but just now, I am on my personal phone on a train. Will do my best to remember to post link when I can check the link.

Chewbecca Sat 11-Jan-20 18:26:12

I was preparing to do this but it got resolved before I got too far.

I first raised with my line manager who basically said it was historic, unfortunate and nothing could immediately be done.

I then raised with HR and asked for more comparators. They took a couple of months to look into it, didn’t provide me any more info but did give me a back dated rise. No admission of the reason being the comparator I originally quoted, they said it was because my area had said a rapid recent rise in market rate and that my pay had used older market data. I chose to leave it there. Not a perfect outcome but I got a good pay rise and my line manager will think twice in future.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in