Colleagues finding out I’m leaving before I handed in notice

(5 Posts)
Jinglebell2020 Sun 29-Dec-19 15:46:05

And not from me!
I arrived at work, intent on handing in my notice (I did) but was met with temp & perm staff congratulating me on my new job.
Felt a bit miffed as I had only told acting manager. I handed my notice in later that day but I’ve been feeling annoyed it was out before I announced it, heck even before I made it official!

Am I wrong for feeling like this??

OP’s posts: |
Dreamersandwishers Sun 29-Dec-19 15:58:11

Not at all, that’s pretty poor for a manager, acting or not.
Sounds like you are well off out of it. Congrats on the new job 👏

Isleepinahedgefund Sun 29-Dec-19 20:07:15

Same happened to me in my last job - I told my manager because he knew I’d gone for the interview, he told our team leader and she told everyone in the world because she was really proud and pleased for me, but it was still annoying to arrive at work and be congratulated by lots of people. Especially as the job offer was very provisional until some much more stringent than usual pre employment checks had been done!

Still, does t

BrokenWing Mon 30-Dec-19 11:29:45

Meh, couldn't get upset over this. You are leaving, official handing in of notice is really insignificant . In most places I have worked the announcement of someone resigning is done by someone in the company not the individual.

Lougle Mon 30-Dec-19 11:42:44

I had similar. I told my manager and big boss, and one of them immediately informed my colleagues (only 2 in the team, I was going to tell them in person). It wasn't a great feeling when they said 'I've heard you resigned...'

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in